The Medical Biller is responsible for accurately processing inpatient and outpatient claims to third party payers, following all mandated billing guidelines. He/she/They are responsible for ensuring and meeting Timely Filing guidelines. The Medical Biller is dually responsible for all clearing house rejections and edits. The Medical Biller must have the ability to perform all required duties within the patient accounting systems. Skilled in the usage of all Microsoft applications and other programs as defined by the Patient Business Services Management Staff as well as interpretation of payer contracts, processing contractual adjustments, knowledge of late charge process as well as being familiar with HCPCS, CPT and Diagnosis and procedure codes.
Education: HS degree required.
Healthcare Experience: (5) year minimum experience in Billing, and AR Collection in Hospital setting. Associate degree preferred.
Systems Experience: Epic, Cerner, Meditech, Relay, Change Health, Greenway, CPSI, Allscripts system.
Certification: EPIC- HB and PB, Allscripts, and/or CPSI, HFMA- (CRCR)- Certified Revenue Cycle Representative
Other: Ability to work well individually and in a team environment. Proficiency with MS Office. Effective communication skills/oral and written. Strong organizational skills. Strong critical analysis and problem-solving.
Salary: $23.50 to 32.00 per hour (depending on experience, certification and payer)
PTO: 120 Hours PTO (80 Hours vacation and 40 Hours sick on an accrual schedule)
- Accrual begins immediately; however, you can’t use it during the first 60 days
- Health Insurance- Medical, Dental and Vision (TCG pays portion)
- Insurance available 30 days from start date
- 401k Plan (TCG matches up to 4% of contribution)
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Insurance: Life, Personal Accident, Short/Long- Term Disability (voluntary)
- Health and Wellness Benefits- Free Onsite Gym
- Insperity Marketplace Discounts